I've been keeping journals since I was in the 3rd grade and I'm so glad to share some of my most intimate life moments with you here! Here, you'll find inspirational stories of clients, my journey as a wife and first-time mother and other adventures I have that makes my world go 'round. So please, sit back, grab some coffee ( or my personal favorite, a good ol' fashioned Arnold Palmer!) and enjoy exploring my latest work! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!
Happy 9 months baby boy! I can’t believe we’re in the final quarter of the year! Your 8th month FLEW by! Soon the holidays will be here and next thing you know, you’ll be turning one years old (Dear Lord Sweet Baby Jesus, I’m not ready for that)!
This past month has been one of my favorites so far because your personality is really shining! Sure you’re a busybody and we can’t take our eyes off of you because you’re scooting all over he place, but I love that you’re becoming a little explorer. Everything fascinated you and seeing the world through your eyes at this stage is one of the coolest things for me. Here are some of my favorite moments:
1. You love story time. Right now, you love “Where is Baby’s Belly Button?,” “Please Baby Please” and “Baby’s 1st book of prayers.” I really love our reading time together. I hope you continue to enjoy reading as you get older.
2. You love to make noise. Whether it’s hitting on pots with spoons or banging your blocks against the playmat, you love noise. Are you a little musician in the making???
3. You appreciate good music. You’re seriously OBSESSED with the Mary Poppins soundtrack. “I love to Laugh” is your favorite song. I also love how Anthony Brown, Al Green, Prince, Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder and the great Michael Jackson are just a few artists that really get you going. Seriously J, you have a fine musical palette. ☺️
4. You actually pushed daddy off of mommy. You actually turned, looked at daddy, dropped your toy and pushed him off of me! I nearly fell off the bed laughing! I never knew you could be so territorial! The relationship you and daddy are forming is such a fun thing to watch. You both are such characters! ????
5. You’re discovering your voice. Squealing and screaming are your favorite past time right now. And you smile so big when you do it as if you just made the biggest accomplishment of your little life! Sure it’s LOUD and sometimes even makes my head hurt, but I love that you’re discovering your voice. I hope that you never lose your voice and always speak up when you have something to say.
6. You hate riding in your car seat. I don’t know why. But yup, that carseat is basically your arch nemesis.
7. You fight your sleep. And I for the life of me can’t figure out why. You have two parents who LOVE sleep and you love to stay up! What’s up with that? Are you afraid you’re going to miss something? I promise you…you won’t!
8. You love looking at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes literally light up when you see your reflection and it’s the best thing ever!! Your laugh is music to my ears!
9. You’re trying to walk! Standing up, scooting, pulling yourself up, turning your body around…listen J’Aiden. I’m not ready. I’m not ready. I’m not ready. But you don’t care about my struggle. You’re ready to move and I guess I just have to GET ready don’t I? ????????
This past month has reminded me how important it is to take time and enjoy the little moments. Watching how big your eyes get when you see the baby ducks run into our backyard or how you laugh from your gut when Mommy or Daddy make a silly face is teaching me the importance of being fully present.
I’m excited for what this 9th month is going to bring. I love you so much!!!