One of the exercises I often do within my Lara Casey Powersheets is a brain dump. The idea behind it is to free your mind from all the clutter that keeps you from focusing on the things that matter. I set my timer for 10-15 minutes and just write any and everything that comes to mind. Sometimes, things come out that I didn’t even know I was thinking and as shocked as I may be for a few minutes, once I’m done with the brain dump, I feel so much better.
So, in light of it being Monday and wanting to start this week off on a good note, here is some of the junk floating around in my head:
- Ethan drives me BONKERS sometimes. This morning, I really just wanted to lay hands on him in the name of Jesus. But hey…that’s marriage.
- I’m hungry.
- These HoneyCombs are so good. When they’re all gone, I will be sad.
- I know I have to drink this water because it’s good for me, but I’d much rather have a few glasses of Berry Punch. I mean…it does have berries in it. Doesn’t that mean it’s just as healthy?
- It doesn’t matter. Today is National Margarita Day and I will have one. I’ve already decided: it’s MUCH needed.
- Ms. Virginia McLaurin is 106 and is 100% turnt in the White House. I want to be like her when I grow up.
- I want to photograph a woman on a glacier. How can I make this happen?
- Everyday, I say a prayer for the children we hope to have in the future.
- I like to write things on my to-do list after I’ve already done them just to have the satisfaction of crossing them off.
- I’m currently wearing my running gear underneath clothes in hopes that it encourages me to actually go running today. Truth be told…I don’t think it will. But hey, I’m optimistic.
- I wonder how high school is treating my baby sister. It was such an awkward phase of my life.
- Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days where naptime was actually a mandatory part of my day.
- I’m learning how to sit and accept that life might not go as planned, but enjoying the process is just as important as enjoying the outcome.
- Learning to be content is probably one of the most challenging, yet rewarding lessons I’ve ever learned.
- Teddy is so darn dramatic. I wonder where he gets that from? And SPEAKING OF TEDDY…
- I still can’t believe Teddy chewed and ruined one of my favorite pair of Steve Madden heels. He better be grateful for the Spirit of the Lord. Jesus saved him.
- Maintaining natural hair is TOUGH and finding a hair stylist here in Anchorage has been the epitome of struggle. I’m so glad Zae told me about Ms. Diana. Lord knows if she hadn’t given my my Senegalese twists, I probably would have cut all my hair off.
- I haven’t always been the nicest person and there is no excuse for it. But holding on to that guilt isn’t healthy. Forgiving yourself is just as important as forgiving others.
- Sometimes I wish I could just turn my brain off and not think about anything. Like truly, just stare into space and think of nothing…I envy people who can do that.
- I wonder if there is an NCIS marathon happening today. I’m slightly obsessed with that show.
- I’m probably the only person in Alaska whose actually sad we didn’t get snow this winter. I WANT MORE SNOW.
- This weekend, I saw two fashion trends that are coming back around: jelly sandals and velcro straps. Both need to stay in the 90s where we left them.
- Race and Risen were both really good movies.
- Comparing yourself to others is such a trap. If you’re busy glancing to the left and right, jealous of someone else’s plan, you’re going to miss the perfect one God has designed for you. Be still. Rest.
I’m so grateful for this beautiful Alaskan sunrise. With it, comes a breath of fresh air and hope.
Guys, brain dumps are so darn therapeutic. I encourage you to give them a try. You never know where it will lead you.